Chronic Disease Workshop, Napanee
26 Dundas Street, West, Napanee, K7R 1Z4
This is an event series. You may need to attend more than one date.
The Living Well with Chronic Disease Workshop provides information and skills to better manage your chronic disease and live healthier. Learning how to manage your health, your emotions and your daily activities can help improve your lifestyle and general health.
This free Living Well with Chronic Disease workshop is for adults of all ages living with one or more chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, cancer, and depression, among others. These workshops are also open to those at risk of developing a chronic disease, as well as family members and caregivers. Participants meet for 2.5 hours, once a week for 6 weeks.
- Differences between acute and chronic conditions
- Using the mind for symptom management
- Making Action Plans
- Difficult emotions
- Intro to physical activity
- Better Breathing
- Muscle Relaxation
- Pain and Fatigue Management
- Endurance Exercise
- Healthy Eating
- Future Plans for Health Care
- Communication Problem Solving
- Making Treatment Decisions
- Depression Management
- Positive Thinking Guided Imagery
- Working with your health care professional
- Working with the health care system
- Looking back and planning for the future
|Phone: 613-354-8937 Ext. 7161