Brockville General Hospital
Under the supervision of the Unit Director, coordination of the Charge Nurse, and working as a member of the Unit team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision of quality nursing care to a patient or group of patients. The provision of such nursing care is expected to be within the Standards of Nursing Practice (CNO) and the standards of the particular nursing unit.
The Registered Nurse is expected to maintain competence and skills through on-going participation in continuing education and will be able to demonstrate proof of such participation. The Registered Nurse actively participates in CNO Quality Assurance Program.
Participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
Position: Casual Registered Nurses, Emergency
Region: Leeds & Grenville
Education and Experience:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Post graduate courses (Emergency Nursing/Critical Care)
- Emergency nursing experience
- Current B.C.L.S. and A.C.L.S.
- I.V. Therapy certification, added nursing skills and delegated medical acts related to emergency nursing
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent assessment interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly, independently and adapt to a variety of situations including triaging
- Ability to assume shift charge nurse responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an interprofessional team
Salary: To be determined
Terms of Employment: Casual
Deadline for Application: Friday, June 30, 2017
How to Apply:
Competition Number: 2017-012
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their expressed interest; however, only successful candidate(s) will be notified
Profession Type: Nurses (NP, RN and RPN)