Quinte Health Care
Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace.
Position: RPN Inpatient Unit
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certificate in CPR
- Ability to practice according to current entry to practice competencies in a collaborative practice environment
- Must be prepared to work in other departments/units if required
- Competence in IV Therapy, including IV medications
- IV Initiation and Phlebotomy certification or willing to complete prior to commencing position
- Must have satisfactory work performance in present position
- Must have previous proven good attendance record
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload
- Must be available for all shifts and standby as required.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to assigned patients with predictable outcomes, utilizing specialized knowledge, skills and judgment.
- Responsible, and accountable, for the coordination and delivery of care within the framework of collaborative practice, consulting and collaborating with Registered Nurses, and other members of the health care team, as required.
- Demonstrates excellence in communication, patient-centred care, and teamwork/collaboration.
- Documents proficiently according to standards and QHC policies.
- Participates in quality assurance and continuing education programs to ensure a high level of patient care and efficiencies in the delivery of care.
- Other duties as assigned
HOURS OF WORK:
? 12 & 8 hour days, evenings and nights.
Salary: To be discussed
Terms of Employment: Temporary Part Time
Deadline for Application: Monday, April 03, 2017
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to: Quinte Health Care – Human Resources 265 Dundas St. East, Belleville, ON K8N 5A9
Please quote “TPT RPN TM IPU position” in your subject line along with your name
E:mail email@example.com Fax: 613-969-1451 Website: www.qhc.on.ca E-mail applications are preferred.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Trenton Site
Profession Type: Nurses (NP, RN and RPN)