Kingston Community Health Centre
Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) is a multi-service, multi-site Community Health Centre – that means we care for the people in our community, but we also care for and build up our community.
At KCHC, we have many locations, and many different services and programs. While our work is diverse, all of our programs and staff are united by our values and by our mission: To care, to respond, to build community.
Region: Frontenac & Kingston, Lennox & Addington
Reports to: Manager, Primary Health & Manager, Napanee Area CHC
Position Types: Two positions available, Positions can be combined
Napanee: Permanent, 0.4 FTE (14 hours per week)
Kingston: Permanent, 0.5 FTE (17.5 hours per week)
Start Date: May 2017
Salary: (0.4 FTE) $82,300, (0.5 FTE) $102,875
Working as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, the physician delivers high quality primary care and promotes healthy lifestyle choices for clients.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Key Responsibilities / Detailed Responsibilities
- Provide primary health care to clients, using an approach that is client-centred and non-judgmental, and taking into account psychological and medical risk factors and the social determinants of health;
- Communicate in a manner that can be understood by the client and their families;
- Share on call duties with physicians from the Queen’s University Department of Family Medicine ;
- Act as health advocate and make effective use of health care resources (e.g. consultants, hospital facilities, Telemedicine) to benefit the client;
- Provide consultation for clients and support to the Primary Health Care team, as required;
- Contribute to developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating medical protocols and directives;
- Maintain accurate records of client visits and encounters, including phone encounters, using KCHC’s charting and recording formats;
- Supervise residents from Queen’s Family Medicine and KFLA Public Health;
- Assist in health services planning and programming by participating on committees, supporting programs, and sharing information about identified health needs within the community as obtained through client encounters;
- Participate in developing procedures and protocols to improve client services and staff functioning;
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- Works during both regular and extended hours in locations identified by KCHC
- On occasion, performs other temporary duties may be required
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Certification in Family Medicine by the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is in good standing
- Three years’ experience providing primary care (experience working in a community health setting an asset)
- Experience providing obstetrical care (asset)
- Experience with Quality Improvement (asset)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of management of clients with addictions and mental health diagnosis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French language is an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis and ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Excellent organizational skills and above average attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage marginalized clients, and a commitment to being a “team player.”
- Proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software applications (Microsoft Office), including Electronic Medical Record software (Nightingale on Demand preferred)
Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
Position Competencies: Communication, Knowledge/Professional/Technical Expertise, Negotiation, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Time Management
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Available for regular evening shifts and occasional long days, as required
Salary: (0.4 FTE) $82,300, (0.5 FTE) $102,875
Terms of Employment: TBD
Deadline for Application: Sunday, April 30, 2017
How to Apply:
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to email@example.com citing reference “MD-2016”in the subject line. Please specify location preference, if applicable.
Applications must be received by Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Sunday, April 30, 2017.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the relevant regulatory body of the profession.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4
Location: Kingston or Napanee
Profession Type: Physicians and Surgeons